November 9, 2016

Review: Cogling

Cogling Cogling by Jordan Elizabeth Mierek
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was given this book in place of an honest review.

Synopsis:

When fifteen-year-old Edna Mather tears an expensive and unfamiliar pocket watch off her little brother's neck, he crumbles into a pile of cogs right before her eyes. Horrified, Edna flees for help, but encounters Ike, a thief who attempts to steal the watch before he realizes what it is: a device to power Coglings—clockwork changelings left in place of stolen children who have been forced to work in factories.

Desperate to rescue her brother, Edna sets off across the kingdom to the hags' swamp, with Ike in tow. There, they learn Coglings are also replacing nobility so the hags can stage a rebellion and rule over humanity. Edna and Ike must stop the revolt, but the populace believes hags are helpful godmothers and healers. No one wants to believe a lowly servant and a thief, especially when Ike has secrets that label them both as traitors.

Together, Edna and Ike must make the ingdom trust them or stop the hags themselves, even if Ike is forced to embrace his dark heritage and Edna must surrender her family.


My review:
This is the third book I've reviewed by Ms. Mierek. And I have enjoyed them all. However 'Cogling' I must admit is now my favorite of hers. This book was just amazing with its storyline,  the setting, and the intrigue. I mean throughout this entire book you get thrown into a whirlwind of an adventure. And oh my the things that are revealed at certain times of the book was priceless I mean one minute you find one thing out only to have e another surprise awaiting around the next corner. I seriously cannot wait to read the next book in this series. Thank you Ms. Mierek for letting me review your books for you, and I hope we can continue our relationship for a long time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment