November 10, 2016

Review: Awakening

Awakening Awakening by A.C. Deen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given this book in place of an honest review.

Synopsis:

Awakening is a gripping coming of age story. It takes place in the small town of Reindeer Lake which is surrounded by the picturesque boreal forest. The protagonist, Ellie is a teenager who has found herself suddenly transformed into a vampire. Will she learn to cope with blood lust, love, and sexuality now that she finds herself unstoppably drawn to her best friend's brother?

Review:

This was a very fast read, most novellas are. It was easy to get through, and took me know time at all. AC Deen created this world in a quick story, of course it's to set up the next book I'm sure. But you get introduced to the characters, some quick back story is placed. Which is great because you get an idea of who, what, where without the dragging of a full novel. This way in the next book you can get more of the why, and more. I'm intrigued to read the next book to see where this goes from here. I give this Novella 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment