July 14, 2013

REVIEW: WHEN DARKNESS BY ALEXANDRA IVY

When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1)WHEN DARKNESS COMES
BY: Alexandra Ivy
SERIES: Guardians of Eternity #1
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
PUBLICATION: January 15th 2007 by Zebra
AVERAGE RATING: 3.85





****SYNOPSIS****
It's been a hell of a day for Abby Barlow. In just a few hours, she's survived an explosion, watched her employer die, had a startling dream, and now she finds herself in a seedy Chicago hotel with the sexy, unearthly Dante, a man she both desires and fears. For 341 years, Dante has stood as guardian to The Chalice, a mortal woman chosen to hold back the darkness. A terrible twist of fate has now made Abby that woman. Three hours ago, Dante would have used all his charms to seduce her. Now she is his to protect. And he will do so until his very death. A terrifying plan has been set in motion, one that will plunge Dante and Abby into an epic battle between good and evil - and a desperate race to save their love...


*****MY REVIEW*****
I was expected your typical vampire romance with this book, I've seen so many people read it and seemed to have liked it, so I was like alright I will give it a shot. I'm glad I did, it's nothing like I've read before. It's dark, more dark than most of the other vampire books I have read. I like the characters in this book, I like the world building, I like how you don't just dilly dally waiting for things to happen, it's pretty much automatic bing bang boom, the story is alive. I quite enjoyed this book and will definitely continue on with the series. I'm glad I picked up this book, it gives me something that's dark, has a different type of world than others, and the writing is great, and the story keeps you interested from beginning to end, not really any dull moments with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment