February 1, 2013

REVIEW: Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin's #1)

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)Spider's Bite
(Elemental Assassin #1)
~Jennifer Estep~
Publication:  January 26th 2010 by Pocket Star
Average Rating: 3.92

SYNOPSIS:
“My name is Gin, and I kill people.”

My name is Gin Blanco. They call me the Spider—the most feared assassin in the South (and a part-time cook at the Pork Pit BBQ joint.) As a Stone elemental, I can hear the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet and feel the vibrations of the soaring mountains above me, though I don’t use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride.

After a ruthless Air elemental double-crossed me and killed my handler, I’m out for revenge. And I’ll exterminate anyone who gets in my way. I may look hot in a miniskirt, but I’m still one of the bad guys. Which is why I’m in trouble when irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine agrees to help. The last thing a coldhearted killer needs when she’s battling a magic more powerful than her own is a sexy distraction... especially when he wants her dead just as much as the enemy.

MY REVIEW:
I love getting my hands on books that are not your typical supernatural reads. The supernaturals in this books are of course your typical fae types, vampires, and Elemental's they control Stone, Fire, Air, and Ice with some minor ones such as metal and water. Gin is our main character she is a Stone Elemental, who's family was killed in front of her when she was 13, and was taken in by Fenegan (SP, and his son Finn. Fen will call him, had raised Gin to be the woman she is today, a badass assassin named the "Spider". Gin gets a job that pays a lot of money, She goes to do the hit, but when she gets ready to do her hit, she finds out they've been double crossed and she's going to be set up for the murder, as a bigger plot is going on. Gin must figure out who is behind the double cross and kill them before they end up getting her put in prison or worse dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment