February 13, 2013

REVIEW: The Return by Carter Vance

The ReturnTHE RETURN
~Carter Vance~
Genre: Religious Fiction
Published: January 1, 2012 By Carter Vance
Average Rating: 3.62

SYNOPSIS:
Thriller, suspense, action, intrigue: The Return is a story of the modern day fulfillment of the Grail prophecy.
The time has come for the prophesied return of Christ. Long thought extinct, the secret Order of Knights Templar battle the Dark Forces that fear His return.
At the center of this battle of good & evil are Sarah Davidson, an expectant mother with an unique heritage, & Peter Christos, her shipping magnate husband. The couple, who were married in the presence of the Ark of the Covenant, is confronted with a series of surreptitious schemes & attacks causing them to flee to seek a secure birthplace for their son.
They are aided in this endeavor by the Knights Templar, a clandestine organization that has, over the centuries, amassed enormous wealth & power & the organization to deliver it in anticipation of this day.
Ultimately, they engage in a grand battle for the prophesied birth.

MY REVIEW:
(I couldn't in good conscience give a rating)
I had tried three times to read this book, I just couldn't get into it, I lost my focus quickly. Now I am not saying that it is a bad book, it is not just something I could get into. Other's may like or love this book, but again it just wasn't for me. If a book doesn't hold my attention after multiple attempts are reading it, I generally will just set it down, and move on.

So therefore, I can't give this book a rating, or give my honest opinion on it. But I do appreciate the author contacting me to review this book, and I sincerely hope he gets more positive reviews on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment