January 8, 2013

REVIEW: Dark Prince (Carpathians #1)

Dark Prince (Dark, #1)Dark Prince
Carpathians #1
~Christine Feehan~
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Published: April 5th 2005 by Leisure Books
Average Rating: 3.98

SYNOPSIS:
Prince of the Night.

He came to her in the night, a predator -- strength and power chiseled his features. The seduction was deep and elemental; he affected her soul. His need. His darkness. His terrible haunting loneliness. Her senses aroused, she craved the dangerous force of his body. Burned for him. And he had only touched her with his mind.

Lady of the Light

She came to him at dawn, his bleakest hour. As the beast raged inside him, threatening to consume him, he vented his centuries-old despair in an anguished cry that filled the waning night. And she answered, a ray of light, piercing his darkness. A beautiful angel. Her compassion, courage, and innocence awakened in him an exquisite longing and tenderness. He knew he must possess her, for only she could tame his savage side and lift the dark shadow from his soul. Apart they were desolate, bereft. Intertwined physically and spiritually, they could heal one another and experience an eternity of nights filled with love.

MY REVIEW:
I first tried reading this and after a chapter or two I had to put it down, I just wasn't feeling this kind of book at the time. But I had picked it up again, to give it a second chance and I'm glad I did, because it was quite a story. It was full of action, sex, and some sarcastic humor. I've heard this series is quite repetitious but that's ok, cause I can't read too many series books back to back. Especially not long series like this one. I also liked the short story Dark Descent although it had me a little confused about Gregori and being the lifemate of their princes daughter. Is she already born? How far after Dark Prince is Dark Descent is placed. Those are things that bugs me about books, they leave you with unanswered questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment